Wednesday, November 23, 2016

900. Why is it so hard to bring change in the System???


There are many large system flaws that we would collectively like to change. In the first place we need to understand that the “System” we are talking about include me, you and all. 

The larger change in the system is very difficult to happen in a short period of time. The recent example is the Demonetization Drive to curb Black Money. On the one hand this move demonstrated that a determined political leadership with the support of general public attempted to check a big menace called “Black Money. On the other hand detailed reviews on the move shows that there are a few who feel it was a failure. 

As a citizen with social responsibility I like to discus about the current affairs and since the day my P.M announced the demonetization drive I have been posting my thoughts. The change can happen when we talk about what need to happen instead of just cribbing on what is happening. I am astonished to hear from a few who want to talk only about what is happening without even thinking about what should happen. Some messaged me saying “you are talking about what should happen, but look at what is happening.”     

In general it is not the voice of few even the younger generation distance themselves from discussing about what should happen. The change in system that is happening in other countries is because the public talk about what should happen. They do not waste their energy thinking on what is happening or what has happened. 

Let’s think about the change from a right perspective. What needs to happen in order to change the system??? Change of law and policy alone will never help there has to be change in social values, pattern of behavior and disposition. It is easy to criticise a decision intended to change system while it is very difficult to find an alternative.

It so happened that a young artist just out of his painting course wanted to assess his skills. He painted beautiful scenery and displayed it on a busy street. He wanted the opinion from the art lovers about his painting skills. Hence he placed a board just below the painting which read, “Ladies and Gentlemen, this is my first piece of painting after completion of my course. There could be some mistakes in my strokes etc. Please put a cross wherever you see a mistake.”

Next day when he came back to collect his painting he was completely shattered to see that whole canvass was filled with X marks. He was completely disheartened he told his girl friend about it.  

His girl friend said, “My dear, you are a great artist and your paintings are flawless. I request you to paint a similar painting once again for me and give it to me?”

Young man reluctantly agreed and two days later early morning he presented a replica of his earlier painting to her. She took the painting to the same street early morning and displayed the same painting exactly at the same place. She took out another board and wrote, “Ladies and Gentlemen, this is my first piece of painting after completion of my course. There could be some mistakes in my strokes etc. I have put a box with colors and brushes. Please do me a favour, if you find a mistake kindly pick up the brush and correct it.”

Next day when they came back the painting remained untouched. 

It is easier to criticize, but difficult to provide an alternative......do you agree???

Change in system can only happen when we stop talking about what has happened or happening and discus about what should happen and volunteer to that change.  

No comments:

Post a Comment