Saturday, May 28, 2016

832. There are Lessons from Nature we can grasp if we are Alert.!




Order in life is an entity which is sure to take an individual towards excellence. The lessons on it are not only got from school and home, nature surrounding us also teaches us to a great extent. Nature has a set of rules to follow and we have in turn molded our lives in synchronize with them. Look at the way a tree flowers synchronizing with the season, unless we use biotechnology and alter its gene.

A usual aspect of order that nature provides is gravitational pull. Isaac Newton discovered the law of gravity but even before he discovered its subsistence dates back when the earth plane was emanated from the primordial atom. There is a lesson for this gravitational pull for us, it remains us to have our feet grouted no matter how successful or elite we are. This is a way of living a life of humbleness and humility. 

The concern of maintain the ecological balance is another form of disciplining us to live in harmony with other creatures with a mind-set of co-existence. There is a mutual dependency with the living and non-living objects which nature has planned to help us comprehend the importance of living in harmony with other mortals with morality. Any small imbalance in this harmony will cause a butterfly effect which snowballs into a disaster and we are aware of it. There is a lot to learn from Nature and if we are alert enough the lessons it provides can be grasped. 

Guru Dattatreya was unique he did not have a human being as Guru, for him everything around him was his master. They steered him and taught him the vital lessons of life. He says he has learnt from 24 such Gurus. Here is one of those lessons.

One evening he was walking along the sands near the ocean. He was watching the waves rhythmically hitting the shore and then making a retreat back again into the ocean. He observed that while the waves spread out on the sand it would bring even a small twig or a leaf to the shore and leave it back on the sand.

“The ocean lacks magnanimity”, Dattatreya thought to himself. “It does not tolerate even a small twig; it does not allow it to be in its fold.”

Sensing the thought of Dattatreya, Ocean talked to him!

“Do you think that I am not magnanimous, Dattatreya?” asked the ocean. “Do you feel by letting the twig which came into my fold out on the shore, I am selfish? But, O sensible saint, understand that if I let this small twig to defile me I am no longer clean and the inhabitants in me will no longer feel the purity they require for their existence. If I show compassion to a small dirt more will follow and it will become impossible for me to take control over them. I can deal with small dirt and get rid of it, hence I am always vigilant and make sure that at any moment of my life I do not allow things that will cause impurity in me.”

In a jiffy our Dattatreya understood what ocean wanted him to know.

“If a single negative thought is let into the ocean called MIND it will impure the base of it. If one such thought is allowed, then lots and lots of them get accumulated and it will become difficult to get rid of all of them. They make me weak, so I must follow the example of the ocean. I need to be always aware never let a negative thought put its stamp on my mind. Only then I can be sure of having a crystal clear Mind. With crystal clear mind my thoughts are good and from such good thoughts my words are sweet and with my sweet words my action is exuberant. And it is only then my thoughts, words and actions are in harmony and pure, this makes my life contented, happy, steady and monotonous like the ocean.”

Guru Dattatreya fell on his knees and bowed down to the ocean in gratitude for the valuable lesson it presented on order of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment