Friday, February 20, 2015

677. Why should I focus on the Thorn when Flower is Attractive??

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/self-improvement/why-should-i-focus-on-the-thorn-when-flower-is-attractive



What a beautiful picture of rose, so nice are the petals and look at the dew drops over it. I can experience the beauty of the flower and hope the picture is pleasant to you also and even you are experiencing its beauty. The flower in the picture is providing a soothing effect on my mind. I am able to rejuvenate by the sight of the flower, so enchanting it is. Had I been a poet I would have scribbled a few lines on its beauty. Had I been a connoisseur I would have presented it to my beloved. Had I been a devotee I would have place it at the feet of my Absolute. Had I been a nature lover I would have left it in the plant for other to have a glimpse of it and enjoy the sight.

Every individual who has set his sight on the picture of the rose and is praising the flower amazingly does not talk of the thorns. But the thorns are very much visible in the picture, then how come we never talk of it? Did we miss looking at it? The thorn and the flower are very much visible in the picture but our mind had been preoccupied by the charm of the flower. If our mind is occupied with the goodness of a thing there is a slight chance of it to deviate and think of the bad in it. Generally we say that we humans tend to look for the negative aspect in every object. But it not true we do so only if we do not like that object we search for the loop holes in it, try to criticize it and want to bring it down, as against if we like it we skip see the faults it. 

Appreciation is an art if I am engrossed in appreciating the rose in the picture my mind never talks of the thorns in it. In reality the thorns are also an integral part of the flower. Without thorns I am sure the flower will be gulped by the goat or sheep nearby. Thorns as protection for the rose they are just servants serving the rose, helping the rose to be there; they are not against it, they are not enemies. Thorn is the survival mechanism provided by the Absolute to the rose plant. Who am I to object its presence? If I like the flower I have to appreciate it the thorn comes in a package with it is for me to accept it or reject it.

Likewise every religion & philosophies has rose and thorns. If I have the will to appreciate the rose then I should have the broadness to accept the thorn also. There is no use in comparing with the other flowers from other plants and writing about the thorn and its disadvantages. Every religion & philosophies have lots of good to say, is there any benefit in finding for the lapses and debating on it and writing blogs in sequel about them. If I need to spiritually evolve I need to know about every religion & philosophies and try to gain from each of them, if I relates one to one another instead of comparing it I will definitely understand them properly. 

Once I start looking at the positive, all negativity just disappears. Though the things around me are same the way I look at it, will matter most. This new perseverance will do a lot well; it opens my mind to receive a lot that is not known to me.............. Am I Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment