Saturday, January 3, 2015

639. This Blog too shall Pass On………!

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/self-improvement/this-blog-too-shall-pass-on


Once Akbar asked Birbal, “Could you give me one sentence which when a happy person reads it, feels unhappy and when an unhappy person reads it, he feels happy?”

Wise Birbal quickly replied, “This too shall pass on!”
 
When I keenly examining life I have found that it is a bit amazing. I feel all of you will agree when I say joyfulness today and miserable the next is the order of life. This unpredictability has made life exciting as well as challenging at the same time. I have been experiencing this in my private life as well as in my career and have found out that nothing is constant here.  

I had written in one of my blogs that life is a roller-coaster ride sometimes up and moving slowly and the very next moment comes down with great speed. That is what life is all about. Sometimes a great work with good intention boomerangs with negative outcome while those who have evil intention have succeeded. There was a time when such consequences would puzzle me as I have witnessed people with good intentions often suffered. After I got to know about the “Law of Karma” I understood that life will go on its way, independent of what I think and do. This wisdom made me move on without affecting my emotional stability. It is very much necessary to understand this reality.

When I identify myself with my relationships, possessions, body, mind, work, position which are external to me I am emotionally attached to them. And this attachment is one of the main causes for the stress to build up in me. When I depend more on these attachments I often become unbalanced as I prefer one role over the other and there is control issue which again adds up to the stress in me. The roles I don in my life have to be for my survival and enjoyment of my existence, but why have I made it to be the root cause of my stress???

This question persist me until I got to know the utterance of Lord Krishna in Bhagavad-Gita Chapter 2 Verse 14 where He says to Arjuna thus:
“Contact of the senses with their objects generates cold and heat, pleasure and pain. They come and go, being impermanent. Bear with them patiently, O scion of the Bharata race!”

Accordingly everything good and bad, pleasure and pain, approval and disapproval, achievements and failure, fame and shame all come and go. Everything in life has a beginning and an ending too that is how it is supposed to be. All the experiences I have had and every thought I have had has a start and has to have an end. My mood experiences happiness, sorrow, desire, depression, anger, love, pride, and every other unimaginable emotional feel. I always wondered where all those emotions come from. Does it have its birth from my impressions (Samskara)? While I believe it is due to my Samskara some may not agree with me, even if I am correct or other who think otherwise are correct, eventually, everything has to pass on.

Even this blog and its responses irrelevant of whether they are far or against shall pass on. Tomorrow there will be another thought and another blog expressed. By keeping this wonderful awareness close to my heart, it is possible for me to maintain my perspective, even if I need to face adversities in life……. Do you agree with me????

No comments:

Post a Comment