Thursday, January 22, 2015

655. Sincerity blended with Ability makes the task accomplished leading to Goal…..

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/self-improvement/sincerity-blended-with-ability-makes-the-task-acomplished-leading-to-goal


Sincerity blended with ability is that trait which takes an individual to the goal. It is not the magnitude of the work done which matters but the efforts that is put into it. Hence sincerity and ability to do is revered more than the outcome of any actions. Everyone one of us can be sincere towards our interactions with people and work. There is no point in acting sincere which is a very simple task to take up. Sincerity is in fulfilling a given promise, in honoring a commitment, in rushing to help a person in need. However if I just stop at doing all these things then it is insufficient. When it comes to sincerity I should live it. This brings the concept of pure unconditional intention in me.

Though I am sincere in every aspects of my interaction with people and work, but if my intentions are to deceive or to manipulate then that sincerity has no value outside me. At every attempt of my interaction with people or my attempt to do some action I need to ask myself about what I wish to achieve with my intentions. If it is selfless in nature and is for a greater cause irrespective of whatever might be the outcome, then it is great. If not, then I need to question my intentions more closely without which my sincerity becomes a suspect.

There are two instances in Ramayana which throws light on sincerity and ability. The first instance is when the vanara sena (monkey army) is building the bridge to cross over to Lanka. At that time Lord Rama observes a squirrel which was running to the ocean and dipping itself in the water and then rolls over the sand and shuddering on the bridge so that the sand granules that is stuck on its back to falls on the bridge. The squirrel was not deterred by the work carried out by monkey army which could land big boulders but it decided to do its part according to its ability. 

Then there is the second instance when Hanuman is sent by Sushena, the physician in the army to fetch Sanjeevini herb from Dronagiri in order to save Lakshmana. Our Hanuman is not a botany student and he fails to identify the herb, but was so sincere in doing the given job that he used his ability to lift the entire mountain and carried it to Lanka.

The effort of squirrel of showering little grains of sand on the bridge or carrying the huge mountain by Hanuman does not highlight the magnitude of the work but the sincerity in it. A sincere person puts well-being of others before his own wantons. The drive for such a person is his belief in morality and integrity that is emotionally engrossed to him. Enticement finds no place in such an individual hence whatever he does will be flawless and he will be a Self-Realized Soul……… Am I Right????

No comments:

Post a Comment