Friday, January 2, 2015

638. When I started to observe my Ego, I learnt some Secrets....

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/self-improvement/when-i-started-to-observe-my-ego-i-learnt-some-secrets


Ego can never be dropped just like that; it is the identity tag which my mind and thereafter my body possesses. I know that I cannot drop it so I thought let me just keep a watch on it. The more I watched it the more accomplished I became. Suddenly I realized that it has to simply drop and when it drops by itself only then does it drop. I understood that there is no other way I can influence Ego to drop instead let it happen by itself. If my mind tries to subdue it then in the process I will be only strengthening its root. If I strengthen its root it becomes harder for it to drop. 
If I do not nurture it then it drops just like a dead leaf which decays after the fall. In fact I have done nothing at all for it to drop; it has simply disappeared for the REAL CENTER to arise. And that REAL CENTER is what some call Soul, Self, God, Absolute Consciousness and Truth, though everyone knows well that it is nameless and formless. Since it is nameless and formless every name and form suites it. One can give any name and form as one likes and it fits it well.
My separate identity that I exist individually is the root cause of Ego. Yes, the “I” is the birth of my Jiva Chaitanya (Individual Consciousness) but there is no hard and fast rule for it to survive individually discarding its alignment with Brahma Chaitanya (Absolute Consciousness) which is referred to as the REAL CENTER. Ego is just an identity of the body not mind. Mind is very daring it goes to any extent to counter any hurdles while Ego is very meek it will make its present felt in the time of misfortune. When some tragedy strikes Ego is the first to go into hiding. But it gives strength to the mind at other times like any challenge or confrontation. All strength that I have at that time comes from my Ego and this strength is termed as Will Power. 
Modern society triggers the Ego and it has become a place where Ego is pampered so that the competition is always there among us. In the current situation it has now started from educational institution itself and that too from kid level. Look at the way in which the fire called Ego is kindled in those little minds, now it is only “Who has done it first?” or “Who is the best?” The young minds are made to say “I am first” or “I am the best.” In ancient system of education it was never so every child was first of its own kind and had the best in it which was tapped and nurtured.
Ego (Ahamkara) is necessary to make me (body and mind) to feel like a King, but only if my Intellect (Buddhi) is the wise minister and mind (Manas) a PRO. If this is how the Ahamkara, Buddhi and Manas are associated with each other then most of the time my mind alone is dominant with right directives from Intellect. If I let Ego to be dominant then mind cannot approach or heed the intellect. Intellect appears only if the mind approaches it and it show my mind how to go about and after that, mostly it is my mind which takes the lead and moves on….Am I right?????

1 comment:

  1. What Gurukul having the culture. Our institutes should cultivate the similar characteristics. Then only we have better society.

    ReplyDelete