Saturday, October 18, 2014

582. If Wellness is Contagious then its Experience will be Enchanting!

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/self-improvement/if-wellness-is-contagious-its-experience-will-be-enchanting



Sastras (Scriptures) say “Yatha Brahmande Tatha Pindande” meaning as is the Brahmanda (Macrocosm) so is Pindanda (Microcosm). The universe is compared to our physical body. Just as there are billions of cells in this physical body, the whole universe also has numerous animate and inanimate collections as billions and billions of cells. Suppose while walking on the road if my toe happens to hit a hard rock, immediately I bite my lower lip and close one of my eye and in an flash my fingers reach out to the hurt toe to comfort it. This shows that for the wellbeing of my body every part of my body contribute their part. Individually all parts of my body will be looking for the wellbeing of my body in general. Occasionally if there is any discomfort in any part of my body the other parts of my body respond to the pain and come forward to ease it. The wellbeing of my body becomes their united concern.

This earth plane is also like my body with innumerable living and non-living things. Just as the other parts of my body respond to the affected part of my body so should every individual go to the help of others. Our every thought and actions do have an impact on the wellbeing of this earth plane. Even if we are unable to do our best to the wellbeing of this earth we should never be a burden by infusing damage to it. The environment has been polluted because of our self centered thoughts. As there is a need to see that every part in my body is to be taken care for me to have an ideal body, so also the surrounding and every one around me have to be ensured balance, wellbeing and safety so that we live in an ideal environment.

In a village there were farmers who grew grapes. Every year the Grapevine Manufacturers Association organised an event to felicitate the best crop. The best crop would be from a particular farm every year. One reporter of a monthly magazine wanted to know the secret behind it and interviewed the owner of the farm. To his delight the reporter learnt something which was very unlikely to happen in his journalism field. That successful farm owner said he shared his award winning grape seed of the previous year with his neighbours.

“Sir I do not understand the logic behind sharing your award winning seeds with those who are competing with you each year?” the reporter asked out of curiosity.

“Sir, birds, bees and butterflies along with the wind pick up the pollen from my grape flower and visit my neighbors’ farm and the pollen from there is brought in to my farm. In the event of cross pollination if there are poor quality seeds in my neighbor farm even though my seeds are superior the results will not be that encouraging for my crop. If there has to be best quality produced my neighbours also have to have the best quality grapes grown in their field, so I share the seeds with them.”

The reporter, who was used to experiencing “Crab Mentality” of pulling down others to come up with the thought of  “if I cannot have, neither will I let you have” in his career, could not believe that even in such a way one can outshine others.

This philosophy holds good to other aspects in life also. If I need to be happy I have to see that those around me are also happy, I should lend a helping hand to make them happy. Similarly if one is on the spiritual path he has to assist others by inspiring and guide them also to tread the path. There is a lot of cross pollination happening here in this period with the social media acting like bees in His garden. Every seeker here has those spiritual thoughts which gets cross pollinated and everyone here reap rich in spiritually. There could be an iota of selfishness in this approach but it is good, as the greats of the past have been advising us to “LIVE AND LET LIVE”….what say??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment