Friday, September 19, 2014

559. Joy is my Inherent Nature and so is it Yours!!!!!

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/science-of-spirituality/joy-is-my-inherent-nature-and-so-is-it-yours



To experience joy I need not depend on external mechanism if I am aware that joy is my inherent nature. The external mechanism may sometimes be in favor of my thoughts and at time it may turn out to be contrast of what I feel and think. The moment the external mechanism does not concur with my thoughts and feelings I am not joyful, and this moment wherein I am not joyful is termed as sorrow.

Most importantly sorrow is not just the absence of joy, as joy is being harmonious with Self at any given time. Every being is continuously in harmony with Self but may or may not be aware of it. Joy is not just being emotionally keyed up and feeling good about everything. It is an experience that I comprehend when I am not influenced by anything outside me and come to understand that it is my nature which is JOY. Delight and grief depends mostly on my thought process. I can control them easily if I am the master of my mind. To be the master of my mind I need to be aware that that I am Sat-Chit-Ananda meaning I Physically Exist, Psychologically am Aware and Spiritually I am Blissful.

A psychology professor came up with a unique question for his students at the time of final exams. The students were ready to leave the class and the professor requested for their attention and picked up his chair, dumped it on top of the desk and wrote on the board:
 
“Using all the knowledge you have gained from the semester, prove that this chair does not exist.”

The professor told the class that he would collect the assignment the next day. All of a sudden there was silence in the class. Some studious students pulled out their project books and started writing. Some reached out to their texts and guides to look into them for anything substantial. Some started to have discussions among others. But there was this fellow sitting in the last bench who took out a sheet of paper and scribbled something and folded it into half wrote his name and handed over it to the professor who had just crossed the threshold of the class. Not only the professor but the entire class was astonished by the young man’s act.

A week later the young guy who was first to write the assignment got the best grade, the whole class was wondered how his assignment could be the best as he hardly wrote anything. When the whole class insisted to know what the young man had written, the psychology professor revealed his answer sheet which had just “WHAT CHAIR?” written in the middle of the sheet.

In the same way when I realize that sorrow is just the result of my ignorance I will be asking “WHAT SORROW?” And further realization of the truth makes me realize the illusionary and dream-like nature of the world, and then I will be in a position to ask “WHAT WORLD?” “WHAT PAIN?” “WHAT LOSS?” “WHAT GAIN?” Delight and grief does not exist in reality since they do not appear on their own, they are temporary flip flop emotions that sprout in my mind as the stream of thoughts flow if I am skeptical. This is the reason Lord Krishna tells Arjuna that with no desires in the mind, if the lower self is satisfied with the higher Self then the seeker is steadfast and rock solid in making decisions.


If I am engrossed in those flip flop emotions in my thoughts and if it cope up well with the circumstances I am happy otherwise I am not. Instead of giving any prominence to my thoughts if I remain imperturbable to the emotions then the circumstances and my thoughts do not affect me, and I can enjoy the uninterrupted harmony with my Self as always. One thing I need to remember is that without my concern and consent the outer circumstances do not have the capacity to affect me…………Am I Right????

No comments:

Post a Comment