Friday, September 12, 2014

553. A Mistake cannot be Corrected by Doing another Mistake!!!!

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/self-improvement/a-mistake-cannot-be-corrected-by-doing-another-mistake




If someone slaps me for no fault of mine, do I get justice by slapping him back? Or does the person understand that he had made a mistake if I hit him back? 

The Newton Third Law of Motion states that “For every actionthere is an equal and opposite reaction

If that law applies for the matters why does it not apply to the humans alike? What does the law state in a subtle way? In case somebody is being mean to me do I have to be mean or do I need to be kind to him? I personally feel that if a person is mean to me and if I think his behaviour is not good, I should not do the same as I have already labelled that behaviour as bad. If somebody shouts at me and if I get irritated I need to speak softly to him, it does carry the same energy but in its opposite form. That is exactly what the Newton’s Third Law states.

Some want to be nasty to those who are nasty to them. They assume that they can correct the wrongdoing of a person by behaving exactly like that person. Also I have notice that when a motorist is caught violating the helmet law he bribes the policeman and gets away. Now does the policeman or the motorist think the violation becomes valid if bribed? The wrong deed cannot be rectified by another wrong deed. If a person representing a certain community makes a hate speech which hurts the sentiments of another community, is justice got if the person from the offended community also delivers hate speech of same intensity?

Does such a Tit for Tat tactics work in this civilised human society? Mahatma Gandhi had said, Eye for an eye will make the whole world blind. This way of solving issues is not only barbaric but also irrational. When I discussed this with some they felt that it is appropriate, they say the person will know how others might have felt while he had done the same to them. They feel if the person who does something bad to someone, unless he is given back with the same brunt he will not know the physical or emotional impact he had made. But is it the only way, by behaving exactly the same way as the other person it is not even stevens.

Our ancestors have taught us to treat others as we would like to be treated. It is unfair to commit a crime as justification to another crime. Therefore if someone picks my pocket I should not put my hand in other persons pocket and say that I had been pick pocketed and so I have resorted to the same. Will it not be ridiculous to say so???

All the political parties also do the same, when they are asked to comment about corruption in their present tenure they remind us of the corruption that was done during the past government rule. Yes, if past government had been involved in corruption that could have been one of the reasons for the people to have voted them out, what about your government now??? While you were in the opposition at that time had you not objected to the corruption? How come when you are in power now you indulge in the same act, is it not like making the same mistake again by you?

Can a mistake be corrected by doing another mistake……. Please can anyone answer????? 

No comments:

Post a Comment