Wednesday, July 2, 2014

507. Only an Enlightened Being can be a Good Master.....

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/mysticism/only-an-enlightened-being-can-be-a-good-master



Life is a learning curve we learn as we progress in life. It is quite natural to share what we have learnt and in sharing we also sometimes learn. In the process of sharing what we know, at times may sound as if we are giving advice to others. Giving advice is not easy unless we have precise knowledge and experience of the subject. An advice could go down to others in both positive as well as negative way. While sharing something with others one cannot predict how it is accepted.

There was an ashram where lots of disciples were accumulating knowledge from an Old Guru. After some years Guru decided to send some of his best disciples to spread what they have learnt in the ashram. Guru selected a few of them and asked them to choose the place they would like to go and preach. One particular disciple volunteered to go to a remote area. Guru was surprised and he wished to talk to the disciple. Guru warned the disciple that the people who lived there were uncivilized brutes.   

Disciple replied, “Gurudev, if they are that worst, they need your preaching. I am interested to go there and spread your word”.

Guru said, “Son, what if they tease and bully you?”

Disciple replied, “Gurudev, initially when I joined this ashram even I had teased you but you were so graceful to take it lightly”.

Guru asked, “What if they speak ill of you or even insult you with bad words?”

Disciple answered, “What are words? they are nothing but group of syllables. When every syllable has His name starting with it, I will relate every syllable in the word they use to abuse to the names of my Lord”.

Guru smiled and questioned, “If some hurt you or cause injury to you?”

Disciple said, “When they can easily kill me and if they only resort to injury me, I should be a blessed being”.

Then Guru quizzed, “O.K what if they actually kill you?”

Disciple looked at the Guru and said, “Gurudev, if you have chosen me as one of the able disciples to spread your word to the world, you know I am worthy of it. Here I feel my purpose of existence is fulfilled of now. There is every possibility that if I live for more years I may commit sin and fall from where I am today. In the process of spread your word and having a good intention if I am killed. I consider it as a great help by them.

Tears of joy rolled down on to the cheeks of the Guru. Looking down at the disciple Guru said, “Son, I am happy to say that you are a disciple of this ashram. An enlightened being can only be a good master. To be a master one needs to have tolerance, patience and endurance. He has to listen first and talk later. Every person who has knowledge and experience cannot become a master as it not just words but a concern to encourage a person by suggesting him that all the inputs required for him to excel is nowhere else but inside him. A master will not go after praise, price or prize. I am confident that you will succeed in your venture. Go my son, He will shower His blessing on you”.

Disciple took the blessings of the Guru and went to that place and became a medium to transform many of them there.

No comments:

Post a Comment