Friday, May 16, 2014

469. I am just an Instrument that needs to be tuned…..!

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/self-improvement/i-am-just-an-instrument-that-needs-to-be-tuned





A musical instrument does not generate melodious music on its own. A learned musician is able to bring out melody from the instrument. I believe that I am just as an instrument at the hands of the Lord above. It is His hand that is delivering the enchanting music if any from me. At times there could be some Apasruti (discord) and I feel it could be purely because I am not tuned to perfection, in other words there is disharmony in my thought, word and deed. If I let myself to be fine-tuned just the way a musician does before the start of the concert, I am always melodious.

It so happened that Sri Krishna wanted to play a musical instrument and to decide which He could chose from the large variety of them, He decided to inspect and went in front of each of them. As He approached the Mridangam it started to reveal its identity and said, “Lord, I have a rich and varied tone in me and my sound creates an urge to dance”.

Krishna looked at it and went forward and there was Veena the stringed instrument. It said, “An ancient musical instrument I am, when my strings are plucked I produce enchanting strains. I would suite well in your hand”.

Moving forward Krishna came across Violin. “I am imbedded with treble pitch when a horsehair bow is made to slide over my strings melody goes off”. Then it was the twin brothers’ one dayana and the other bayana. “We both are sophisticated and delicate with both your hands over our membrane we vibrate lovely din din dinak sound”

In the corner was this bamboo stick with hole over it and Sri Krishna went over to it. It did not say anything and Krishna asked, “Who are you?”

Replied the Flute, “Oh Lord, I am just an ordinary bamboo stalk with few holes over me I remain silent and only if you put your Madhuram Adharam (sweet lips) on the first hole and blow a stream of air into me and only then it is possible for me to emit charming sound”.

Sri Krishna then lifted it and brought it near His lips and blew into it and lo behold there was an enchanting sound that could mesmerize the entire Vrindavan.

Flute has the same structure as the human personality there are eight holes (one blow hole, six finger holes and the end hole) which relate to the five sensory organs, mind, intellect, and ego being the end hole. If ego which is the inside of the bamboo cleared an ordinary bamboo stalk becomes a hollow reed flute, then the Lord will pick me up, put his lips and breathe through the first hole (intellect) which is the blow hole and infuse the “Dhi Shakti” in me and out of the hollowness of my heart, the captivating melody will emerge for all creations around to enjoy my existence. But if I will continue my attitude of doer-ship and arrogance then the Lord will distance Himself from me, since I think I can flourish without His intervention and will be useless for His purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment