Saturday, May 10, 2014

464. I need to experience God as I experience Pain & Pleasure!!!

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/self-improvement/i-need-to-experience-god-as-i-experience-pain-pleasure




When I accidentally fall and get bruised and start bleeding my dear ones in anguish ask me how I feel. I can only say I am in extreme pain. If they ask me to explain how I am experiencing pain I fail to accumulate words to explain them the intensity or the inclusion of pain. Even the best of the best orators or writers are short of words to explain pain. Why is it so??? It is so because pain is a subjective experience. Hence sometimes subjective experience cannot be a substitute to what we think is an objective Truth. Same is true in comprehending Absolute also. When we confine God to one object and assume it to be true then there will be less chance of having the subjective experience.

Vedas use two words “Vyapaka” and “Vyapaya” Vyapaka is all pervading and Vyapaya is absence or devoid. These two words can be understood with an example. When I come to your house and ask you to give me water. You give me water in a container called steel tumbler. But I did not ask the steel tumbler, and you cannot offer water without a tumbler at least you have to cup both your palms and offer me water. Here steel tumbler or your cupped palms is Vyapaya, absent in the sense I am not interested in them, what is more concern to me is the water inside them. And now here water is Vyapaka which is pervading the steel tumbler. Your intention and my intention are on the water not on the container. Right??? Likewise God can be confine to an idol or in a photo frame those external inert materials are like Vyapaya, absent when I am interested in that which is Vyapaka, the all pervading God in it.

The catch is that in the example both the all pervading water and the container the steel tumbler were visible to my eye. While in an idol or a photo frame containing God the pervasive element is not visible. How can that all pervading entity be visible to me? Yes that all pervading entity is visible if I go further into the idol or photo frame leaving behind my mind which is struck in adoring the flowers or the ornaments on the idol and the outer structure of the frame and the photo art in the photo. As I experience pain and pleasure which are not visible to me I am able to experience Him as Vyapaka all pervading and the only hurdle or hindrance is the Vyapaya , the container.……..

Let us go beyond the container and drink the nectar of Bliss.... 

1 comment:

  1. The idols or images are symbols which remind us the Absolute all pervading Supreme consciousness .direct ly we cant experience Him the beginning we need form.then we get an idea of the Formless.!!!!

    ReplyDelete