Saturday, February 15, 2014

395. Can I Train my Mind to produce only Constructive Thoughts???

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/self-improvement/can-i-train-my-mind-to-produce-only-constructive-thoughts



Every thought that my mind crop up, even from prenatal existence and right through my life is stored in my subconscious mind until death and also thereafter. Thoughts that enter my mind are never lost, it may not appear to the surface at the required time but it is never lost; this is what is called failing memory. So it is important for me to be selective on gathering the thoughts. All that I see, hear, smell, or taste does not go into my subconscious mind without the help of my mind itself. Suppose I am engrossed in some thought and my friend happens to pass by, even though my eyes are wide open I might fail to register his presence just because my mind could be preoccupied with some other thought.
 

So now I understand that for anything to get into my subconscious mind it has to go through my conscious mind first. If I determine to have my thoughts to be constructive I have to indeed build an environment so that only such thoughts enter my subconscious mind. By carefully reflecting on this I find that to have consistently constructive thoughts I have to annihilate completely the unwanted thoughts that may encompass my mind. Jealousy, Hate and Fear are some of those destructive thoughts which devour my mind.
 

Jealousy:  Why is it that I am not happy with what I have??? Why is it that always whatever someone else has is what I want???? This universe is full of abundance overflowing and nonstop. Absolute has provided enough for the need of everyone, if I learn to go the right way about it. So being Jealous is mere foolishness and small-mindedness. By broadening my mind and feeling happy for the other who have what I do not will raise my ideals and automatically other person’s possessions will cease to trouble me mentally. It is better to live a full and healthy mental life enjoying what is supplied to me and be happy and contented.
 

Hate: Hate has no value at all. Hate neither makes me happy not the person whom I hate. Nothing is gained from hating any person it is just waste of my precious energy. Hate does not get me anything expect pampering my ego. I am human and hence a dependent being, so hating will not look logical unless I decide not to depend on the person whom I hate. But is it possible for me to live a life like that. I have come across many who hate certain person, but unavoidably as destiny could have it, might receive the blood from him for a crucial operation.
 

Fear: To be afraid is the mental state of insecure feel. It is the state where the mind is pushed to believe that it is reducing its power to resist the situation. Fear is the most unwanted and stupid emotion which makes my mind wobble and unstable. What have I got to fear when nothing belongs to me????? The insecure feel will apply for those who are in the illusion that they possess something which has to be secured. For a Yogi what is there to lose and hence why should he fear.    
 

So it is important to keep these hurdles away and question the thoughts thus, Is my thought on this subject constructive or destructive? If it is constructive give it the fullest and go forward knowing positively that Absolute is with the thought. If it is destructive immediately search for the negativity in the thoughts and if you find one change those thoughts. It will be difficult at first and you will be indecisive at it, but eventually if the constructive thought are groomed it will become your second nature

1 comment:

  1. it is so natural the mind always creates thoughts Without any effort they happen.But negative thoughts not only create unhappiness is the cause for our continuation for the existence.So we should have acontrol on them and train the mind so that it is always be peaceful and the thoughts are positive.for our growth.

    ReplyDelete