Saturday, January 25, 2014

376. GOD… When a Concept and When a Reality??????

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/god-and-i/god-when-a-concept-and-when-a-reality





There are many concepts like destiny, time, space, and causation. They are concepts to me simply because they are neither proved nor experienced by any of my senses. I cannot write them off also as it was created by my mind to know, illustrate and interpret my surroundings. No matter what I do, there is no way I can sense their presence. But on the other hand the computer that I am using now has an existence in reality, because I am using this keypad to make the thoughts in me to get converted into words and get posted in this blog. This computer is a reality to me at this particular time and space. So I am clear of what a concept is and what reality is. Now my next doubt is to know if Absolute is a concept or a Reality?????
 


Absolute was a concept when my parents used to tell me of His vigor and valiant but it did not remain so until it became a reality to me. This transformation of my understanding the Absolute to realizing him is termed Realization. This realization has made me not to know about Him but to feel and sense Him.


How could I realize Absolute??? Was it through my five senses that felt and sensed Him? No, because my sense would not comprehend that which is abstract. So was it my mind, no if my mind had got to have the visualization then it would be hallucination. Then could it be my intellect, no again as my intellect would want justification and authenticity.  Then what was it that made me feel and sense His presence???? It is not the senses or the mind or the intellect it is the “instrument” hidden deep inside me which is higher than these three. Many call it 6th sense but to me it is my true Self my “Adhistana. (substratum)”      
 


As a child I was introduced to the stories of Purana (mythology) by my parents, which delivered the concept of Absolute to me. But then it was all about His great acts He had done to protect mankind, as He had promised in Gita to come to the rescue of the good and destroying the evil. This concept as I grew up seems to being a “fanaticism” of Him. At this point I wondered what He is to an American, European, Japanese, or an African.  They do not know about His stories to become His “fans” like me. This type of questions awakened me to make efforts to understand Him beyond what the concepts tell about Him. He is beyond everything, everyone, and His realm is beyond the wavelength at which my mind can grasp. It was then I stepped into Upanishads and Vedas. These are scriptures filled with knowledge yet they also are incapable to apprehend Him.
 


With Upanishads and Vedas Absolute was defined to suit the understanding of its reader. Hence again I thought what is the case of a Non-Hindu who has no acquaintance to Upanishads or Vedas. This was a puzzle to me and then one day I realized how foolish I was to think so as Vedas and Upanishads are not limited to one religion. Vedas and Upanishads preach the way of life and belong to entire mankind. What I have learnt from Upanishads and Vedas is irrespective of where you are born and what you are, since time long, long back these scriptures are ingrained in the subconscious mind of all beings. Hence all the philosophies and the philosophers have their base on these two scriptures and are saying about the same Absolute though in a different forms or ways. Aristotle, Socrates, Plato, Moses, Jesus, Prophet Mohammad, Buddha, Mahavira, Nanak, Sri Sri Sankara, Srimad Ramanuja, Sriman Madhva are all saying the same about Absolute. I feel life is the opportunity to realize Absolute from a concept stage to reality. These philosophers have designed different methods over the years, time and again to assist me to convert that puranic concept of Absolute to Realization at my “Adhistana” (Substratum).


By saying so does not Upanishads and Vedas being ingrained in the subconscious mind of all beings again become a Concept??????


No, for the simple reason that if we look at the teachings of all the philosophers who have appeared irrespective of religion and sect we find that what they have told about Absolute is nothing NEW it is all in the Upanishads and Vedas………. Hence Upanishads and Vedas belong to the entire mankind not to any one single sect or religion. 


Absolute to me was a Concept until I believed what other say about Him, once I start to realize Him; He became a Reality to me.


(So to have GOD REALIZATION it is our individual awareness that can help, although the sincere and best efforts of all masters and philosophies can only guide us to the Concepts but not to the Reality ........This is my personal experience --If Reality is the Clarified Butter, Concept is Milk....... Milk is required to be churned and processed to get Clarified Butter)

No comments:

Post a Comment