Wednesday, January 8, 2014

356. Ego is O.K, but separate Ego & Self to keep a check on Egoistic Self..!

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/self-improvement/ego-is-ok-but-separate-ego-self-to-keep-a-check-on-egoistic-self



It is a general notion that an injury causes suffering to the part of the body which has had the impact but in reality it is not the body that is feeling the pain it is the mind. This is the reason why anesthesia is administered at the time of operation so that the pain signals are prevented from reaching the brain, the station of our mind. This is the physical injury but what happens when one is psychologically injured? The Egoistic mind is the cause of suffering at the time of psychological injury. The Egoistic mind constructs a sequence of what is, what was, or what will be and push the mind into suffering. Mostly the projected series induces fear and insecure feel in the mind and drive us into the negative side of the future, since at that time any thought projected takes the center stage.


The positive cheer from the well-wishers or a positive thought from within do not find place in our mind. Even a simple thought flash like “I am fine” takes the back stage because the Ego prompts the mind “I am not fine”.  Whether we are thinking positive or negative, we have the Ego that takes the decision. This is the major problem. The Ego crafts the “me” thought and becomes Egoistic Self.  When I was young I would suffer only due to physical injury but as I grow up the Egoistic Self begins to take charge and it veils the True Self. The birth of Egoistic Self is the cause of my psychological suffering. The Egoistic Self and Mind go hand in hand. At all times the focus is on Egoistic Self, if the focus is shifted from it my mind is restless. I suffer not only because I have separated from other individuals who share the universe with me, but also because I have separated myself from the True Self.


Is suffering a boon or a bane?  Suffering is what wakes me up out of the Egoistic state, it acts as the whistle blower to clear the way and awaken me to experience the True Self. Unfortunately instead of looking for the True Self my mind looks even back at the physical body and lament even more. This is where spirituality is necessary for my mind to guide it to look beyond the physical body and experience the True Self. Suffering can never be considered a blunder if my mind is able to look beyond my body.


How would spirituality guide me? If I look at my life it is filled with puzzles. Every puzzle is solved by searching for the solutions to suffering that I undergo. In this process I hysterically look here and there for the way out of suffering. I come across many solutions like making money, being successful, becoming famous, built status, have high level rapport.  Have these helped me solve the puzzle? No, I eventually discovered that none of these have come to the rescue of many greats at the time of crisis. Then what else could do the job?


After looking in all these directions and more, I begin looking into Philosophies and teachings of different religious heads for the solution. Yes, those provided me the path but not the solution. What then is the solution?  Is there no solution or is the solution hard to achieve? The solution is to separate the Ego and the Self. There is no harm with Ego when it is not provided the status of Self. When it is done there is Egoistic Self which rules my mind and ruins me. The Ego and Self separation is achieved either by Jnana (Knowledge ) OR Bakthi (Devotion) by which I do understand that I am not Physical Body or Mind or Ego but True Self. 

1 comment:

  1. Ego means mind.getting separated from the s Source,the Supreme Energy.It goes away because of the gunas.Satva gives a clear understanding.But the other two rajas and tamas cover the truth and project that always it is the world which is the cause for all our sufferings.If some one has more satva there is more possibility to understand the truth..butrajas and tamas take over the mind it is very difficult and the individual cant get out of pain and goes on suffering.The next point you said is pain also can help when understood.for that one has to turn towards spirituality to reduce and control the guna effects.nice topic manoj

    ReplyDelete