Sunday, December 22, 2013

323. Can Money and Wealth free us from Insecurity??????

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/mysticism/can-money-and-wealth-free-us-from-insecurity


Artha Prosperity and Wealth is one of the four Purusharthas namely Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha.


The four make the essential quest of any individual to stay active to live and fight against the insobriety called Death. As a living being it becomes more important to sustain the physical body and nurture it with food and water to ease hunger and thirst in the first place. Next a dwelling is required to escape from the elements and the danger from others living beings. And finally a mate for procreation and continue the lineage. This is the basic need for an individual however if in any of these pursuit there is anything going beyond will amount to Kama, the desire.


To be more clear, if I am hungry I need to eat that is Artha. If I want a specific dish to satisfy my hunger then that is Lobha (Greed). I need a dwelling for me to protect myself that is Artha, instead if I want a palatial house then it is Lobha (Greed). I need to take a woman as my wife to continue my linage instead if I desire for many women just for sensual gratification that is Lobha (Greed). One may argue that if one is rich enough he can live as he wishes, but that is not true since there is nothing that can satiate greed. Greed is like fire and the taking care of greed is like fuel added to it. The more one has the more it will ask for. That fire burns off. By the way fire has two faces one is to burn and the other is to glow. Now what is this glow from the fire? It is light.   


When the Artha is nominal the fulfillment of it is through Kama, the desire. Kama is like a fire in the lamp which beams light to the path. The wick in the lamp has to be little for the hut to receive light if it is flared up the entire hut is burnt down. Wealth plays an important role in life but amazingly is has never been able to provide complete freedom from security to some who have it. Nevertheless an individual who has learnt the art of acquiring money for his nominal pursuit has incredibly free from bondage. There are many smart ways of making money and losing freedom while there is only one intelligent way to make money run behind you, simply by eluding it.


Can money be eluded??? Would it not be wrong to do so??? No, it is extremely necessary for me to specialize in a particular field which is compatible to my nature & capacity. I need to make that specialization a means to serve the society. If I really love my work, if I am an expert in my field, then I can be rest assured that I need not run after money it will come following me. Sincerity in work is the key.


When I tell this, some point out to certain instances where people do their work sincerely yet, they struggle for two square meals a day. For those who put these instances, I can show many who have lots of money and are unable to eat the mouthwatering dish served on the table before them. There has to be something other than money working on both the occasion. Isn’t it KARMA working???


Is this why Lord Says “Karmanyeva adhikaraste……

No comments:

Post a Comment