Saturday, December 21, 2013

315. Mistakes do happen and to admit them one needs courage!!!!

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/self-improvement/mistakes-do-happen-and-to-admit-them-one-needs-courage



To err is human and to accept it humane and to think never to repeat again is divine. There is none who has not made a mistake unintentionally but committing again intentionally is a bit of worry. The moment I come to know that the action carry out by me had to be avoided then it is a mistake. Instantly I need to be aware that I do not do it again. Mistake is something that happens once if I repeat it many times then it is my horrible habit.


Often I do not apprehend immediately that what I have done is indeed a mistake. It might take a few days, weeks, months or even years for me to know what I had done is a mistake. Once I get to know about it I have to admit and apologies for it. There is no point in adamantly giving justifications or searching for an escape route or even finding a fall guy to push the blame on. In doing so I might have succeeded in convincing others but I have deceived my self and I know it very well. Though I might have got away or even got a clean chit by others, deep inside my conscience will eat up my self. This is the prick of conscience or guilt conscience.


When I was young my mother used to tell even after knowing that the mistake is committed if one does not admit it or feel remorse of it the event gets stuck in the head (mind) and cause severe pain in the head. Once I lost my new pencil which I had taken to the playground in my physical training period. I was in fifth standard as the pencil was very colorful I wished to keep it in my shorts pocket and while playing it might have fell down without my notice. I when home and started writing in my old pencil and when my mother noticed it and asked me about the new pencil I told her I had given it to my friend to show it to his sister. The next day when my mother asked I told her my friend forgot to bring it to the class, but the third day with tears in my eyes I told my mother that indeed I had lost it.


It was then that she told me that if I try to avoid admitting one mistake I would have to create a lie to cover up that mistake and then another and another finally with so many lies and mistakes there will be severe pain in the head. From that day I stopped avoiding accepting my mistakes. Even if my involvement is one percent of the mistake I do admit without battling my eyelid. When I tell about how my mother induced this trait in me as a child, some feel that this is conditioning of mind and it is not proper way. At that small age I would not have understood about the consequences of good or bad. As far as my bringing up is concern I think what my mother told me that day was correct.


As I grew up I was able to grasp the intricacies of how a mistake made by me would bring headache to others if do not admit. Agreed that by not taking the responsibility one might get away from the consequences. But if everyone does the same, I feel it will be like as in the story where the whole village would have poured a mug of water thinking that only they have poured water in the jar while the king asks them to part with a mug of milk to donate it to neighboring kingdom at the time of famine there.


Admitting a mistake needs courage and it is not only an individual responsibility but also a social responsibility as well………. What say??????

No comments:

Post a Comment