Monday, December 9, 2013

295. Track and Pace of Destiny is Unfathomable!!!!!!!

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/science-of-spirituality/track-and-pace-of-destiny-is-unfathomable




Arthur Schopenhauer, the German Philosopher writes “Man can indeed do what he wants, but he cannot will what he wants.


This statement echoes the words of Lord Krishna, when He tells Arjuna, “Gahana Kamano Gathih” in Bhagavad-Gita Chapter 4 Verse 17.  According to the German Philosopher human desire is futile, illogical, directionless, and, by extension, so also is the human action in the world. And we all know that our desires are not predicated on careful calculations, rather they are innate. This is the essence of karma.


The play of life is an arrangement so designed that one is unable to grasp the difference between an intention that has cropped up instigated by the store of our current’s life karma and a free willed thought. As destiny and liberation from it is very carefully and intelligently interwoven. Albert Einstein, one of the greatest scientists on this earth plane firmly believed that all events including human actions are ultimately determined by causes which are peripheral to the will.  He even when on to say that free will was ridiculous.


The only solace that we can have is that in fact we are having a conditioned free will. What is that conditioned Free Will?? Suppose I am playing a game of chess and in the middle of the game at a particular move two things seem to be visible to me one is that the next move is like I have played recently or the present move looks to be preconditioned by the earlier moves. Though I might be able to presume a few moves of mine as well as that of my opponent I am unable to predict how the game ends.


Everything I think or do has an outcome which might seem to be reflecting on me and/or on others around me. But most mysteriously the fruit of the effect is not the result of my thinking or the deed performed by me; it is always the supplement to the predestined design. Unfortunately even science has failed to find the roots from where an intentional thought does crop up in me. But it is believed by me and those who keep faith in ancient scriptures that every thought is instigated by the past Vasanas (tendencies) and Samskaras (impressions). We also know that an action presupposes a thought but what does that action yield is beyond anyone’s comprehensions.  


Psychologically speaking, I am aware of the thoughts, emotions, desires, intuition, or other mental forces that propel me to do action. Whether the thought projected out in me is an intentional free will or destiny is not known to me nor do I know what that thought would yield in terms of result. So I need to follow the golden rule for self-development that is to assume that I am free to choose my thoughts and thereby my actions, and hence I must try to make sure that only positive outcomes are projected from whatever I think and do.


Karmic law works exactly the same way. Lord Krishna tells Arjuna, “Swalpamapyasya dharmasya trayate mahato bhayat” (Even a little practice of righteous action will save you from great fear). A little bit of good can turn into a bigger good later and same for the bad deed it comes back with more impact. Dalai Lama, the Tibetan Buddhist Guru says, “Potential of karma always increases over time. A small seeds have the potential to turn into numerous fruits.


A small spoon of sugar might not make the bowl of milk sweet but constantly adding a few will, but only one drop of lemon juice is enough to spoil the milk. Good actions need to be consistent and a slightest positive action brings greatest consequence of satisfaction if done without looking at the angle of cause and effect and eying on result….What say??????

No comments:

Post a Comment