Friday, December 6, 2013

291. If Death is ultimate Certainty, then Why all this Hungama???

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/self-improvement/if-death-is-ultimate-certainty-then-why-all-this-hungama



Once a young man from a rich business family went to meet a Spiritual Guru. He was restless in life and had a lot of stress in him. He was told that this Spiritual Guru was a true preceptor and would find a solution for him to get out of restlessness and stress.


The young man prostrated before the Spiritual Guru and asked, “Swamiji, how come I am always stressed and not at peace, while all you Spiritual Gurus are not?”


Swamiji said, “That stress will never bother you my son because tomorrow you will never be alive to ask this questions.”


The young man was stunned he asked, “Do you mean to say I will die tomorrow?”


“Yes” said the Spiritual Guru calmly.


The young man was told that whatever the Spiritual Guru told would happen. He got up and started to go.


Swamiji asked, “Why young man what happened? You seem to be disturbed you have 24 hours to go.”


Young man pleaded, “Swamiji, please let me go time is short I need to meet all my near and dear ones.”


Young man reached home did not disclose to anyone that he has only 24 hours to be on this earth. He talked to all his relatives and friends and contacted everyone he knew and the next day mentally prepared to die and tried to remain in peace contemplating death.


Next day he was surprised to see the Spiritual Guru standing at the door of his room.  


“We have another hour to go shall we talk.” asked the Spiritual Guru.


Young man nodded his head reaming unusually calm.


“In the past 23 hours did you feel stressed?” asked the Swamiji.


“How ridiculous, I have had little time to meet my dear and near ones I had no time to think of anything to get stressed.” said the Young man.


“Young Man, I know you could not get stressed because you were not involved in your business for past 23 hours.” said the Swamiji.


“But I am not at peace because I will die in a hour.” said the Young man.


“You are right young man you are not stressed because you did not ignore death, but you are not at peace because you fear death. Ignoring death altogether is living a lie. Fearing death is   Abhinivesha (clinging to life) one of the afflictions of Mind. So ignoring death or fearing death is both same a mental illness. What is needed for a person is to be aware of death. I don't know who will die when. But understanding the truth about death can be very enlightening.”


“Swamiji, the awareness of death made me inactive and I was not interested to work.” said the Young Man.


“As I told you were not aware of death instead you feared death for the last 23 hours. A person who is aware of death will work as if there is no tomorrow but earn as if there is tomorrow. The earning which you are making is not for the work you are doing now says Karma Siddhanta. If it was true then everyone who works hard had to be rewarded appropriately.” explained Swamiji.


“So what I am earning now is not for the work I am doing now? But is it not my desire to earn more making me work?” asked the Young man.


“Yes on the surface it looks like desire to earn more the driving force for every person to work hard. So we need to put our effort to do our part. But earning more or less does not depend on the work done now. Sometimes sincerely done work many not yield better returns may be you do not deserve, while some jobs done with little efforts could pour good returns may be you deserve it. You may get more than you desire but you will never get less than you deserve, but you need to do your work sincerely without doubt.” said the Swamiji.


“Thank you Swamiji, you have showed me the path I will work without my eye on the result.” saying so the young man took the blessings of the Swamiji. And started a new life from there on……   

No comments:

Post a Comment