Tuesday, October 22, 2013

203. Karma Bheeja and Karma Phala



Living a life of our choice is definitely in our hands. Destiny plays its role but to accept it and move on needs a lot of wisdom and courage. It has become a practice to blame Absolute for everything that we have not been able to achieve. We go to the extent of cursing our luck and more so try to change our adoration to other God or Religion.

Absolute can provide us the ingredients to make bread but it needs our effort also to bake it if we wish to relish it. Moreover it is destiny that provides us what we deserve. An example for this is that if we observe not all hard working people are successful and not all successful people are hard working. Having said that it does not mean we have to easily accept failure and not have try at all. If Absolute was to provide everything baked for us then there would have been no necessity for us to endeavour and strive, mankind would have been lazy.

Once a poor man who was unable to find a job was disgusted and thought of ending his life. He went to the nearby river with the intention of ending his life by drowning and was about to jump into the water. Amazingly to his utter astonishment, he finds God standing in front of him!

The poor man gathered courage and said, “O Lord, please save me.”

God asked, “My dear, what do you want?”

The man started thinking as to what to ask. After a little while he said, “O Lord, my life is full of struggles and I have suffered a lot. Please give me something that can take away all my sufferings.”

God said: “No, my dear, I cannot do that, since trials, tribulations and pain are required to craft a person to excel in life. Just as the chisel stroke over the stone unfolds a beautiful sculpture out of the rough stone.”

Then the man asked: “Lord then provide me with happiness!”

God answered, “No, I cannot provide happiness to you. I can bless you with happiness; to be happy or not is up to you.”

The man pondered for a while and said, “Ok Lord, give me that thing which can make me enjoy life.”

“No son, there is no such thing which I can assure you which could make you enjoy life. Even if I make you rich and provide you all comforts in life I cannot guarantee that it can make you enjoy life. But you have forgotten that I have bestowed life itself to you so that you can enjoy all things that are here and live in peace and harmony,” replied the Lord.

Finally the man was confused and he thought anxiously and came up with a wonderful solution.

He said: “O Lord, now I understand what is most essential and valuable for a human being to live in peace and harmony. It is Moral Values! Confer me Sathya (Truth), Dharma (Righteousness), Shanti (Peace) and Prema (Love), Ahimsa (Non-Violence).”

Hearing this God smiled and said, “Son, you have got Me wrong again! I am not here to grant fruits to you. As Prerana (inspiration) from Me you can get only seeds. It is up to you to nurture those seeds and reap good fruits and relish them. You can only expect Me to guide you; ultimately it is you who have to thread the path.”


The man then understood that it is typical for a human life to endure what the destiny has to offers. Absolute has bestowed the human life with the intellect, the discriminating faculty which enables us to differentiate between doing right and avoiding the wrong. It is more important to face life rather than find an escape route. After all Pain is Inevitable but Suffering is Optional.



No comments:

Post a Comment