Tuesday, October 22, 2013

155. Can Knower Become The Known????????





In normal conditions the knower and the known is different. There is a clear cut differentiation from the object and the subject they are dual in nature. If I know a computer that computer is different from me. This in worldly logical sense would mean that by knowing the computer can I become a computer?? 

Mundaka Upanishad says, “Brahmavid Brahmaiva Bhavati” meaning The Knower of Brahman is Brahman itself. But Brahman is Unlimited. In the first place, is it possible to know the unlimited, let go becoming one? And then I cannot become the unlimited since I am limited. It would be arithmetically illogical for limited to become unlimited. I cannot know Brahman hence I cannot become Brahman. 

Now is the statement from Mundaka Upanishad double faulted then?

No, the ancient seers have not made any illogical statements. If we look deep in to the statement we will realise that it is a means of knowledge. To understand the statement we have to drop the worldly logic. 

Sri Sri Sankara, the Adi Guru explains the statement thus, He says that I am already unlimited, that is “Knower of Brahman” but I have to realize that my true nature is SAT CHIT ANANDA. A water bubble is water but the air inside it makes it seem to be different from water. When the bubble is burst there is one and only water.  

I must stop considering myself as “this” (BODY MIND & INTELLECT) and consider the conscious entity; as “I”. With this consideration I would be accepting the unlimited true nature rather than the limited edition of Body Mind & Intellect. 

Knower of Brahman is a person who would behave like any of us he also laughs, walks, sits, eats and does all activates from outside but inside he does nothing. He is well aware that he is unlimited. He may live like an ordinary man, but he would be experiencing the Unlimited Absolutehood within. 

Knower of Brahman is a father/mother to his/her children, and husband/wife to wife/husband, and even a son/daughter to parents and a guru to his disciples, but virtually he is such that his all pervading Self is included the entire nature and it is like he has shrouded even the sky that shrouds everything else. Such is the experience of the Knower of Brahman. 

It is an experience that unravels all the mysteries of the universe as he himself is the knower of all that. I AM UNOBECTIVABLE SUBJECT.

No comments:

Post a Comment